.The Zonta Club of Kenmore is accepting applications for its 2022-2023 Women Returning to the Workforce Award. A minimum of $1,000 will be awarded to a woman who will enter or re-enter the workforce. The award is intended to help support expenses associated with professional and/or occupational development, including job training, job advancement or educational enrichment.
The award evaluation criteria include the following:
- Pending acceptance at an accredited college, university, business school or job training center.
- Must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Two letters of recommendation (other than relatives) must accompany this application.
- Must include with your application a personal letter describing your educational and/or career goals and how the Zonta Award would help you attain these goals.
- Must participate in a personal interview with the Zonta Women Returning to Work Committee.
- Failure to complete the entire application and/or failure to meet any of the above criteria may disqualify the applicant.
- Application must be legible.
Send completed application packet to the address below so that they may be reviewed in a timely manner and a personal interview can be scheduled.
Please download and fill out this form:
Mail applications to: Zonta Club of Kenmore
PO Box 389
Buffalo, NY 14223
If there are any questions, please contact Jeanne Phillips, Chair of the Zonta Club of Kenmore Women Returning to the Workforce Committee at 716-860-7029.
In 2021, the Zonta Club of Kenmore presented a Woman Returning to the Workforce Award to a pharmacy technician student at the Buffalo Center for Arts and Technology. This student is a 22 year old high school graduate who has gone back to school to earn this certification in order to secure a better paying position on her way to achieving her full potential. The financial award will help her with transportation costs to and from school and her internship. This is the kind of help that is difficult to receive through community resources and Zonta Club of Kenmore is pleased to be able to help alleviate one obstacle among many for this student.