The Zonta Club of Kenmore is accepting applications for its 2021 Women Entering or Returning to the Workforce. The award is intended to help support expenses associated with professional and/or occupational development, including job training, job advancement or educational enrichment. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited college, university, business school or job training center in September 2021.
The award evaluation criteria include the following:
- Must be a woman entering or returning to the workforce.
- Pending acceptance at an accredited college, university, business school or job training center during September 2021.
- Must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Two letters of recommendation (other than relatives) must accompany this application.
- Must include with your application a personal letter describing your educational and/or career goals and how the Zonta Award would help you attain these goals.
- Must participate in a personal interview with the Zonta Academic Achievement Committee.
- Failure to complete the entire application and/or failure to meet any of the above criteria may disqualify the applicant.
- Application must be legible.
Send completed application packet by September 2021 in order that we may review them and schedule personal interviews in a timely fashion. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please download and fill out this form:
The Zonta Club of Kenmore has presented a Woman Returning to the Workforce Award to a pharmacy technician student at the Buffalo Center for Arts and Technology. This student is a 22 year old high school graduate who has gone back to school to earn this certification in order to secure a better paying position on her way to achieving her full potential. The financial award will help her with transportation costs to and from school and her internship. This is the kind of help that is difficult to receive through community resources and Zonta Club of Kenmore is pleased to be able to help alleviate one obstacle among many for this student.